My son is back home, and we’ve been working hard on getting his life straight again and finally I feel like this is going somewhere positive. I’m trying to settle an agreement with his roomie and since our house is a mess after an entire week of everyone being sick, I’m trying to catch up.
Same goes for the fridge. This frugal thing didn’t really catch on when we were sick, meaning we’ve got plenty of stuff that are almost overdue. So… Without knowing in which direction I wanted to go, I created this horrible mess that tastes… A-MA-ZING! It is soft and perfect for comfort food cravings.
I call it…
PINK PASTA PUDDLE
- 200g macaroni or pasta
- 2-3 beetroots in small cubes
- 3 large carrots in medium cubes
- 1 leek sliced
- Creme fraiche (I had about 3dl leftover)
- Salt, pepper, cayenne
- Extra: can add ham or pepperoni or left over meats to the dish before the creme fraiche.
1. Boil the pasta Al dente in lightly salted water, drain and put it aside.
2. Start with the beets and frie them about ten minutes while dicing the carrots and then adding them
3. Slice the leeks and frie them too. This is where you’d add the meat if you have some.
4. When the beets and carrots are soft but not mushy, turn down the heat and add the creme fraiche and give it a good stir while seasoning.
5. Finally add the pasta/macaroni and heat it up a bit. Not too high heat or the creme fraiche will maybe become a bit grainy.